I find that hearing other artists talk about their work, their struggles and achievements, and their daily studio life, is both comforting and stimulating. The PleinAir podcast hosted by Eric Rhoads is one such place to find those conversations.
Are you a listener of the PleinAir podcast? Perhaps you weren’t aware of its existence! If you’re a podcast lover, you may want to step in and listen!
Here’s a roundup of three early interviews with pastel artists.
Next up is PleinAir podcast episode #50 with Kim Casebeer. In it, Eric dives into all things pastel with Kim. Among the topics covered:
- How to market pastel paintings to collectors and galleries
- Technical approaches to pastel and how it differs from oil painting
- Mastering critical concepts such as composition, shape, light and value
In episode 81, Liz Haywood-Sullivan covers many topics with Eric including:
- Slowing down when working en plein air
- Making the transition to being a fine artist
- Pushing back when galleries are against work behind glass
Boldbrush Pastel Winner
Robin Thornhill takes home the October award for outstanding pastel!
Robin says, “I want to show people nature can have a profound calming effect on us both mentally and physically and I think a lot of people need that right now.”
And that’s it for this time! I’ll see you in the New Year!